Friday, June 24, 2016

Balloon Celebration Birthday Card

Back in May, I had started working on a card for a challenge over on....I forget which challenge blog it was so long ago! Then the ugly illness bug bit me, and I was down and out for a good two weeks. Blah! So my card sat. And sat. And SAT!

When I was finally feeling well enough to sit down to my crafting desk, there was my unfinished card, just waiting to have some loving attention paid to it. Here is how it came together:

All items used are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamp set: Balloon Celebration
Inks: Archival Basic Black, VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Pool Party, Tip Top Taupe
Accessories: White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Triple Banner Punch, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Metallics Sequin Assortment, Linen Thread, Dimensionals


I love the dandelion fluff images in this card set. Usually a person might notice the balloons and the cloud images, but then there are these adorable little dandelion seed parachutes and the round dotty images that are so cute! I heat-embossed these little cuties with white embossing powder to add a nice touch of texture, and added a little birthday banner across the center.


I love to put a strip of sequins on my cards sometimes. I just picked out a bunch of the white sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment and stuck them to a strip of the Tear & Tape Adhesive, making sure I had covered all the sticky adhesive. My husband told me he thought it looked like seashells. He really liked it. He said "You could even give this card to a guy!" Imagine that. I made a masculine card and didn't even know it! Then I finished everything off with some linen thread wrapped around and tied in a little knot. Cute stuff!

Well, I hope you like my card today. Thanks for stopping by!

Kathryn


No comments:

Post a Comment