Saturday, December 3, 2016

A Christmas Card Wrapped in a Cable Knit Sweater

So. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to even think, let alone post on my blog. It is so frustrating being so tired that I can barely care for my family, let alone craft a card or write a blog post. But here I am today. I have a small stash of cards to show you, so I will do the best I can to share with you for a few days coming up.

Here is my first offering. A Christmas card! I love the set "Suite Seasons". It is full of fun greetings that cover many of the holidays that occur at this time of year, such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, and...Christmas! It even includes a greeting for cards that you might need for sending comfort. Here is my card:


 All supplies used are from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp Sets: Suite Seasons, Warmth and Cheer
Inks: Archival Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1" Circle Punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack, Gold Glimmer Paper, Tomboy Multi Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals


In the close-up, you can see that the little circle heart punch is composed of a few punched layers that I glued together and stacked up on top of each other. I believe I used four layers. I have heard it called "Faux Chipboard". Sounds good to me, so that is what I will call it too! I also love the "Cable Knit" Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder,. It gives so much texture to the background piece! I can't wait to see what other kinds of Dynamic Embossing Folders Stampin' Up! comes out with in the future!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment