Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Paper Pumpkin Cookie Cutter Fall Card

A Happy Hello to You today! What a beautiful Autumn day it is. I hope you are having some nice weather where you are, also.

I'm not quite ready to retire my "Cookie Cutter Halloween" stamp set quite yet. I think this little scarecrow is quite acceptable to use for a fun Fall card, so I whipped up this little offering for your enjoyment. I also used the September 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit for the pumpkin background and the greeting.

Here is my card today:


All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise specified:
Stamp sets: Cookie Cutter Halloween, 
Something Good to Eat (Sept. 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit stamp set)
Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Crumb Cake
Card stock: Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Vellum Cardstock,  Delicate White Doilies, Linen Thread, Blender Pens, Dimensionals, Garden Green Stampin' Write marker

I hand-stamped all those pumpkins on the background, but it wasn't hard. Because the stamps in the Paper Pumpkin kits are the clear photopolymer, it was easy enough to see through it to place it where I wanted the image to show up. (I also hand-drew little curlicues on the pumpkins.) In order to soften the bright colors of it though, I placed a piece of the vellum card stock over it. I also extended the Decorative Label Punch (underneath the scarecrow image). It wasn't quite long enough to show out the other side of the image, so I punched another image, trimmed it up to fit just right, and mounted the scarecrow so that the "joining" lines were covered. 

Anyway, I hope you are having a great day. I am home from work today, struggling with some back pain and muscle spasms. Hoping to feel much better really soon.

Thanks for visiting,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment