Wednesday, September 2, 2015

#TGIFC18 August Remix FAIL!- Kinda Eclectic

OMGosh! Two posts in one week! I don't believe it! I was trying to get my post done and  downloaded to the TGIF Challenge blog, but I didn't make it in time.  So much to do, so little time! Oh well, I guess I can still post it here and hopefully you can still enjoy it.

So here is my card:

All Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamp set: Kinda Eclectic
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Basic Gray, VersaMark Embossing Ink
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Stampin' Emboss Powder: Clear, Stampin' Sponges, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid Glue

As you can see I embossed the sunburst image! I love heat embossing! Then I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the stamp with the Pool Party dots all the way down the same piece of card stock. I didn't want the dots to cover the sunburst, and that is why I embossed it first. It is a technique called "Emboss Resist". I also stamped off some of the Pool Party ink each time I stamped it on the bottom layer so that they got lighter and lighter as it went from the bottom of the piece to the top. I wanted it to look like it was fading out.

Well, I hope you liked my card. Thanks for stopping in and looking!
Kathryn




2 comments:

  1. I do like your card. I love the sun stamp. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis. I really appreciate you looking at my blog, and commenting on it. You are always so kind and positive! I love that sunburst in "Kinda Eclectic" also!

      Delete