Thursday, February 25, 2016

Remarkable You "sketchy" card

When I was growing up, I loved to draw and color. I am sure many of you did the same. Recently I have been attending a class at my local public library geared toward coloring for adults. I cannot tell how happy this has made me. Granted, I am not coloring in children's coloring books anymore, and I am not using crayons, but the joy I feel when I can add color to an image and have it look beautiful afterwards...well, I am sure you know the feeling!

I decided that I would check out some of my stamping images and see if I had any that would lend themselves to this coloring/sketching technique. I was inspired by a video on youtube by Melanie Muenchinger : How to Create a Sketchbook Look with Stamps & Pencils: Shading Techniques. I don't have her stamps but I do own a largish collection of Prismacolor Pencils, so I thought I would give it a try.


All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamp sets: Remarkable You, Remembering Your Birthday
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko Co.
Colored Pencils: Berol Prismacolor in White PC 938, French Grey 30% PC 1070, French Grey 70% PC 1074, and French Grey 90% PC 1076
Accessories: Dimensionals

I love the sketchy feel that this has! I hope you like it too. I kept it simple so that the focus was on the colored image. (Simple is definitely not my usual card style!) But it makes for a nice card for a man. In fact, I gave a similar card to my husband for his birthday about a week or so ago. He really liked it! And so do I!

I hope you try this fun technique, and then share it with us. I would love to see your work!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment