Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Rainbow Cool Treats Birthday Card

I have a friend at work, and her birthday is tomorrow, so I wanted to make her a birthday card. I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while, so I decided to use it for her card.

Take a look:

 All supplies are from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp set: Cool Treats
Ink Pads: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon-Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Archival Basic Black
Card Stock: Whisper White Thick
Accessories: Big Shot, Frozen Treats Framelits dies, Aqua Brush, Watercolor Paper, Sprinkles Embellishments (retired), Fine Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals


I taped the piece of watercolor down (all four sides, using some washi tape) and I spritzed it really well with water. Then I took my Aqua Brush, and starting on one end, I "watercolored" a swatch of color, then a second color, overlapping  them some to blend the colors as I worked my way across the watercolor paper. How do you like it? Me? I LOVE it! The bright colors really made me think of popsicles, and that is why I used the Cool Treats stamp set. What a fun birthday card for an end of the Summer birthday!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment