Monday, May 7, 2018

Hello Birthday Blooms - #tgifc158

What a beautiful morning! So happy to be here with all of you today!

I had some time to craft on Saturday, and so I decided to see if there was a blog challenge that I might want to participate in...and there was! Over on TGIF Challenges blog, they are celebrating their 3rd "blog"-iversary (blog anniversary, if your not familiar with that term), and it is a wonderful color challenge. I have participated in several of their challenges over the past three years, so I thought I would have a go at it this time.

Here is my card for challenge #tgifc158 :

All supplies are from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp sets: Birthday Blooms, Hello Friend
Inks: Archival Basic Black, Berry Burst, Lemon-Lime Twist, Versamark
Card stocks: Whisper White Thick, Basic Black
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Stampin' Emboss Powder (White), Heat Tool, Linen Thread, 
Wink of Stella (Clear), Dimensionals

Did you notice the flower image and the greeting is cut out? That is not from a die. I had to fussy cut them with my paper snips. I usually use my Big Shot to cut out images, but not everything has a die to go with it. That's okay though. I don't mind fussy cutting sometimes, if I've got the time.


I used my Aqua Painter to watercolor the floral image. I love to watercolor! I also heat embossed the "hello" greeting, and used clear Wink of Stella on the little center pistils of the flower for a touch of bling!


Here is the challenge graphic from the TGIF Challenges blog:


I hope you enjoy my blog challenge card, and please go check out their website: tgifchallenges.blogspot.com


Thanks for stopping by to visit, and I hope to see you again soon,
Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Gorgeous watercoloring and shading!!! Absolutely stunning! ❤ Thanks for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tami! Such a fun challenge this week! I love the color combination, and the inspiration from the design team is out-of-this-world! I especially love your card. So gorgeous! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty card! I am so sad to see this stamp set retire. Thank you for joining us at TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sad that it is retiring also. ): It is a wonderful stamp set to watercolor or use colored pencils on (two of my favorite ways to add color!). I am so happy to be able to participate at TGIF Challenges!

      Delete