Saturday, November 14, 2020

Forever Fern Christmas Card!

I wanted to make a Christmas card using a stamp set that maybe you wouldn't think of as a Christmas set. So I picked out the Forever Fern stamp and die bundle.

Here is my finished card:

All supplies available from StampinUp.com :
Stamp sets: Forever Fern (Item #152559)
Banner Year (Item #153464)
Ink Pads: Shaded Spruce (Item #147088)
Pear Pizzazz (Item #147104)
Cardstock: Shaded Spruce (Item #146981)
Pear Pizzazz (Item #131201)
Real Red (Item #102482)
Whisper White (Item #100730)
Accessories: Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine (Item #149653)
Forever Flourishing Die Set (Item #152714)
Lovely Labels Pick-A-Punch (Item #152883)
Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Item #146924)
Stampin' Dimensionals (Item #104430)

I stamped 6 of the leaf clusters in Shaded Spruce, and 6 more of a smaller leaf cluster in the Pear Pizzazz. Then, using the die set, I ran them through the Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine to cut them all out easily. I also used the little sprig die, and cut out 6 of them in Real Red cardstock. I then layed them out in a circle, alternating the dark green leaves with the lighter green leaves, gluing them together when I was happy with the arrangement and shape. I tucked the little red sprigs in here and there where I thought they looked good. I still thought it needed something, so that is when I added the Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels. It added just the right amount of color and sparkle! Then I attached the wreath to my card using the Stampin' Dimensionals to pop it up a bit. 

FOREVER FERN BUNDLE (ENGLISH)
Forever Fern stamp set/die bundle (Item #154094, save 10% off the regular un-bundled price!)


Since Forever Fern is not traditionally a Christmas set, it has no Christmas greetings included in the stamp set. I chose to use the stamp set "Banner Year" which is in the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog. It has greetings and small images that can cover several different holidays, from Halloween to Valentine's Day!

BANNER YEAR PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET (ENGLISH)
Banner Year Stamp Set (Item #153464)

I hope you like my Christmas wreath card. I think it turned out wonderful! If you would like to order any  of the supplies to make this card yourself, I would be thrilled if you listed me as your demonstrator!

Thanks for stopping in to visit!
Kathryn Whittaker


No comments:

Post a Comment