Monday, December 9, 2019

Beautiful Silver Boughs Christmas Card, and A Big Sale!

When I was a very little girl, my parents had a silver aluminum Christmas Tree. It had one of those rotating wheels that would shine lights up onto the tree, and the silver branches would catch the colors of the light and reflect them on to the ceiling and walls. I loved looking at that tree, and when I was older and had a home of my own, my father let me have that tree and light. I also remember some of the ornaments that my parents and grandparents had. Some of them were pink and others were green and they had that silver cast to them. They were called mercury glass ornaments, and I really loved them. I have just a few of those ornaments now, but I don't have the tree anymore. I gave it to my younger brother and he was able to enjoy it for several years.

The Beautiful Boughs Die set made me think of that silver aluminum tree, so I decided to create my own version of that tree. I didn't have a color wheel that I could shine on it, but I do have a stamp set and matching punch that I thought would convey my thoughts about that fun tree. The stamp set is called "Making Christmas Bright," and the punch is the "Christmas Bulb Builder". The light pink and mint green lights give that vintage feel to it, I think.

Take a look and tell me what you think:


 All supplies are available from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamp sets: Making Christmas Bright (Item #148046)
Ink pads: Basic Gray (Item #149165)
Smoky Slate (Item #147113)
Card stock: Whisper White Thick (Item #140272)
Pool Party (Item #122924)
Blushing Bride (Item #131198)
Accessories: Silver Foil Sheets (Item #132178)
Beautiful Boughs Die Set (Item #150661)
Christmas Bulb Builder Punch (Item #148013)
Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine (Item #124262)
Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (Item #141897)
Holiday Basic Rhinestone Jewels (Item #150457)
Stampin' Dimensionals (Item #104430)


*********************************************************************************

I also want to share some exciting news with you! 

Stampin' Up! is having a 1-day only Free Shipping Sale! 

On Wednesday, December 11th, 2019, when you spend $50.00 or more (before tax), you will receive free shipping on your entire order. It's a great time for you to stock up and save on your favorite Stampin' Up! products! But don't wait too long. This incredible deal lasts for 24 hours only, so head over to

and get your order placed on Wednesday, December 11th! Don't miss out!



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little blog today!

Have a very merry Christmas,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment