Saturday, July 4, 2020

Paper-Strip Weaving Birthday Card

I was watching some videos on YouTube earlier today and came across a fun technique presented by Ingrid Blackburn. I think she is an artist, and she does all sorts of really fun techniques. The technique that sparked my interest this morning was using thin strips of paper and weaving them together into a piece that you could use as the focal point, or the background, on your card. Since today is Independence Day in the United States (July 4th), and I have some friends with birthdays that are around this time of year, I decided to use some patriotic colors, (you know, Red, White, and Blue) but you could use any colors you wanted...even patterned paper! (I might have to try that!)

Take a look:

 All supplies are available from Stampin' Up!:
Card Stock: Whisper White Thick (card base) (Item #140272)
Real Red (Item #102482)
Night of Navy (Item #100867)
Whisper White (Item #100730)
Basic Black (Item #121045)
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine (Coming soon!)
Well Written Dies (Item #151816)
Paper Snips (Item #103579)
Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack (Item #152475)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Item #144220)
Stampin' Dimensionals (Item #104430)

Another interesting thing about this card is that it has zero stamping on it! But you could use any stamp you had, if you wanted to. I die-cut a greeting from the Stampin' Up! set of dies called "Well Written". It has multiple dies to cut words and a few little shapes too! So many fun options to use! I die-cut the words out of Whisper White and then glued them onto a scrap of Basic Black cardstock. Then I hand-cut the words out with a thick border, and mounted them onto the woven-paper-strip background using Stampin' Dimensionals foam adhesive mounts. I finished off the card with a bow tied from some gold metallic trim (from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack), and a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels.


It is fun to try a new technique! I hope you will give this one a try, and use up some of your paper-strip scraps at the same time.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you soon!
Kathryn










No comments:

Post a Comment