Monday, July 20, 2020

Positive Thoughts Silhouette Card - #TGIFC273

I have felt inspired by the TGIF Challenge Blog lately. This week it was to create a project with a fun silhouette effect on it. I looked through my stamp sets, looking for an image that would make a good silhouette. I found a beautiful fern image in the "Positive Thoughts" stamp set that I thought would do quite nicely. Take a look:

All supplies available from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp set: Positive Thoughts (Item #151490)
Ink Pads and Refills: Night of Navy Ink Refill(Item #103033)
Gorgeous Grape Ink Refill(Item #147164)
Versamark Ink Pad(Item #102283)
Stazon Jet Black Ink Pad (Item #101406)
Cardstock: Gorgeous Grape (Item #146987)
Night of Navy (Item #100867)
Pretty Peacock (Item #150880)
Basic Black (Item #121045)
Accessories: Water color paper (What I used is retired, but Stampin' Up! has some "Fluid 100" watercolor paper -Item # 149612, that would be just right!) 
Die-cutting and Embossing Machine (Coming soon!)
Greenery Embossing Folder (Item #152716)
Nature's Thoughts Dies ((Item #153586)
White Stamp and Emboss Powder (Item #109132)
Heat Tool (Item #129053)
Water Painters (Item #151298)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Item #144220)
Stampin' Dimensionals (Item #104430)


On the watercolor paper, I used the Night of Navy Ink Refill on one end and the Gorgeous Grape Ink Refill on the other end, and brought them together in the center to blend the colors together. I also used the Stazon Jet Black Ink to stamp the fern to give it the silhouette effect. I was trying to make a sunrise-sort of background for it. I also used white embossing powder and a heat tool to stamp and emboss my greeting, and then hand-cut around it and mounted it on my card using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I hope you like my card, and are inspired to create your own silhouette-effect card. Maybe you could even participate in the challenge (#tgifc273).


Hope you are having a wonderful day, and keep on stamping!
Kathryn


No comments:

Post a Comment