Monday, July 6, 2020

Tasteful Touches Hello Card - #tgifc271

It has been a while since I participated in a challenge blog, so I thought I would give it a shot this past weekend. Over on the TGIF Challenges Blog, their challenge this week is a color challenge. Here is my card that I made to go along with it:

All supplies available from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp set: Tasteful Touches (Item #152562)
Inks: Flirty Flamingo (Item #141397)
Mango Melody (Item #147093)
Granny Apple Green (Item #147095)
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (Item #132708)
Cardstock: Whisper White Thick (for card base) (Item #140272)
Whisper White (Item #100730)
Flirty Flamingo (Item #141416)
Accessories: Tasteful Labels Dies (Item #152886)
Watercolor Pencils (Item #141709)
Water Painters (Item #151298)
Paper Snips (Item #103579)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Item #144220)
Stampin' Dimensionals Self-adhesive Foam Mounts (Item #104430)


A fun technique I used on this card is using up your paper strip scraps to create the background. Using a tone-on-tone color scheme (or using the same color strips as your card base) gives this card a classy-looking background, don't you think? And the strips don't all have to be the same width. The widths that I used were anywhere from 1/4" to almost a whole inch wide, with most of them being about 5/8" wide. Then I just trimmed the edges to be the same as the card. Very easy.

Like I told you at the beginning of this blog post, I wanted to participate in the TGIF Challenge Blog Color Challenge (#tgifc271). The color challenge was to use the following colors:


Go check out their blog (tgifchallenges.blogspot.com). They have lots of great challenges, and it is fun to play along!

If you have any questions about my card, or you would like to place a Stampin' Up! order with, please feel free to contact me, and I will do my best to help you out!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kathryn










No comments:

Post a Comment