Monday, April 6, 2020

Alternate Card Designs for the March 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit

The March 2020 Paper Pumpkin subscription kit is so adorable!! Not only is it super cute, but considering the times we are living in right now, it is so appropriate for what we are going through. I'm sure you know someone who could use a little "pick-me-up" card in the mail that you made just for them.

So far, I have made 3 alternate card designs using the "No Matter the Weather" kit that I want to share with you today.

Here is the first one. We have some cute, older lady friends that are very special to our family, and we just wanted them to know that we were thinking of them. I made this card just for them. Everything on this card is from the March Paper Pumpkin kit except for the Whisper White card base, the Iridescent Sequin Assortment,  and the inks (Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, and Petal Pink). The bunny and the cute rain boots are from the bonus stamp set that was included in the March kit. Plus the patterned paper was from the "Pleased As Punch" Designer Series Paper that was only available during Sale-A-Bration with the  coordinating products. (But I'm sure you could use something else that would be just as cute!"


This next card uses one of the card fronts as a type of patterned paper. It is the piece with the girl in the rain boots, with the blue sky background. I mounted it on a Pear Pizzazz card base. The label with the greeting on it came from the kit also. The flower pots and the greeting both came from the stamp sets that came in the kit, plus the little epoxy dots. I used a piece that I punched with the Decorative Ribbon Border punch on the opening edge of the card also. I used the Aqua Painter brush to color the leaves and the pots. The flowerpots are a two-step stamping set. You stamp the line-art pot with the flowers, and then you can color the flowers with another stamp in the stamp set. I stamped the flowers in So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo, and Petal Pink, and painted the leaves with Pear Pizzazz, and the pots with Soft Suede.


My third card is one of my favorites. The kit comes with some printed die-cuts. One of them is this set of rainbow-hued rain boots that I used here. When I cut the card front off from the flower pot card above, I still had a whisper white back that I could use, so that is the piece I used here.  I took my Aqua Painter brush, and using the colors of the rain boots to inspire me, I painted some stripes of color. The colors I used were: Balmy Blue, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Petal Pink, and Poppy Parade. (I think those boots on the far right side are supposed to be Calypso Coral, but I think the Poppy Parade still looks okay.) I then stamped some Balmy Blue "rain puddle" lines underneath the boots, plus some stamped-off clouds and then cut them out by hand (fussy-cut). I mounted it on a Balmy Blue card base. I used one of the dies from the "Ornate Frames" die-set to cut the little label at the bottom after I had stamped the greeting. I mounted two of the clouds, the boots and the greeting label using Stampin' Dimensionals, and then added some of the epoxy rain drops to finish my card off. I really like this one!



I hope you like the alternate cards that I have come up with so far. I am enjoying using the "No Matter the Weather" Paper Pumpkin kit, and I hope to have some more alternate cards to show you from this kit in the near future.

And if you're wondering about the April 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit, just watch this video that tells about the wonderful card kit that is available up until April 10th.



If you are interested in getting your own subscription to Paper Pumpkin, just click on the link to go directly to my sign-up page:

Thanks for stopping by today,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment